Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bionic Leaf


Woah, this is so neat! I had heard of the idea of artificial photosynthesis devices, but I never knew how they worked, or if they had been successful. It's amazing to live in a time with unimaginable advancements in technology. Scientists have been able to create a bionic leaf capable of converting H2O into an alcohol which can then be burned as fuel. Fuel is used everywhere, and new fuel sources are sought after, unfortunately not all these fuel sources are good for the environment. Luckily with this new bionic leaf, it would be good for the environment, and in the long run this would help improve the worsening climate change which is threatening our planet. Reading this article reminded me of the photosynthesis unit in bio, which made me realize how much I've forgotten. I can't wait to relearn, and learn more in the coming year!




http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/new-bionic-leaf-is-roughly-10-times-more-efficient-than-natural-photosynthesis/

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, it was very hard to find someone who also talked about the bionic leaf, and I completely agree with you! It's so exciting to live in our world and know that more renewable energy sources are created everyday. This leaf really does appear to be a solid solution to the energy crisis.

    ReplyDelete